Sunday 8 June 2014

A Quick Introduction to Basing: Part 3

Finishing Touches.

Last time I left the pool drying, now during the night a strange thing happened to the water in the centre of the pool; it dropped but not an even dip like I would have expected that as the liquid dries out of the water effect, no this is an aggressive depression like I stuck a tip of a pencil in it, strange..

Right back to the rest of the base, I've started adding some of the grass tufts in sheltered areas of the base mailing where the stone meets the texture and around the pool, at this point I realised the textured areas where a little plain so I added some very small pieces of state around the base with some PVA.

Note in the centre of the pool the depression
Unpainted slate fragments PVA'd to areas of texture
After the PVA dried I added a touch of black wash to all the slate fragments and then very lightly dry brushed them. I also added some light washes to the larger slate areas to give them less of an even gray colour, and painted the edge to the base black

Now the base is more or less complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment