Wednesday 22 June 2016

A surprise gift


Six months ago I was having a chat with my mate Trevor about Games Workshop and their various games and how things were so much better when the hobby was still young. We were condemning the most recent price hike and remembering how you could afford a squad of Space Marines, a few paints and brushes and still have change from a tenner.

Anyway, I was telling him how I wanted to start a small Astra Militarum army for 40k, but was struggling to find the time what with Rosie being a year and a half old. Trevor said he had a few Astra Militarum models knocking about the attic and that he would be happy to give them to me.

Fast forward to the present and our second child Poppy was born. Trevor had his first child, Henry, and all things 40k was long forgotten. The newborns had a play date so they could  dribble on each other and Trevor brought with him three large cardboard boxes. I had no idea what was in them, but it turns out it was the Astra Militarum models Trevor mentioned ages ago.

I seem to have inherited a Astra Militarum army! I can't wait to start painting things up and putting together a small 500pt force. It's been years since my last 40k game so I'm going to have to swat up on the rules as well at some point.

Once I had sorted everything out, I took some pictures which I thought I would share.




































The tanks! A Chimera and two Leman Russ. One of the reasons I wanted an Astra Militarum army in the first place was the crazy amount of mechanised death available.

A squadron of three Sentinals. I have to admit that I have never even thought of taking these guys before. I'm loving the models though.


The Heavy Weapons. There are three Lascannons, four Autocannons and three Missile Launchers. These should be enough for the first 500 points and Trevor has saved me a fortune as they cost a bomb for some reason.


 The cannon fodder. Easily enough models for two healthy platoons. There are loads of special weapons mixed in as well. I'm loving the Commissar model, which again, I hadn't though of taking before.


So there we go. A big thanks again to Trevor for his generosity. I now just have to figure out how to paint and bottle feed at the same time...









1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! You lucky man! Can't wait to see them. I'll bring some 40k stuff next time for a battle :)

    ReplyDelete