Wednesday 3 February 2016

Astra Militarum - WIP Update

Hey all. Just a quick update to my unit. I am managing to find some time here and there to do a bit. Here is the latest. I still need to add a bit more weathering with powders and tidy up some stuff like the pipe that runs to the flamer from the promethium tanks on his back but they are getting there. Quite pleased with these for standard troops. Its been a great learning process and I have discovered several things that I can do differently to speed up the process for the next batch.


4 comments:

  1. They look amazing Wayne. I really like the dirt effect on their legs and boots.

    There's a good balance of tidiness, but not too shiny brand new.

    What are you going to paint up next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude :) I've got 13 more of these guys nearly finished. Once those are done then I'll move onto the heavy weapons squads. There are some Wulfen models coming out in a couple of weeks so I fancy some of them to ally with my guard. After that probably an assassin or two and my tanks :)

      Delete
  2. Taaaaaaaanks!

    Which heavy weapons have you opted for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment I have gone for 3 autocannons. I'll put these into the infantry squads and the Platoon Command squad. I may try some Lascannons at some point.

      For my tanks I have an Eradicator, Wyvern (cant wait to try this!) and a chimera.

      Delete