Thursday 2 April 2015

Astra Militarum - WIP 3

So an update on my humble squad of guardsmen.... I am slowly plugging away with them and really enjoying the process. I have made a few tweaks to the scheme including adding a red shoulder pad (this was to add colour contrast and with the release of then new admech I know I'll end up with a few as allies so thought it would help tie them together visually).

Last night I did some highlights on the armour. Previously I had done the shades by adding warm colours to the green paint I used for the armour. Now by adding some bright green and light grey in two increments I added the highlights. I also added some scratches and dents to make it seem more battle worn.


Next step is the skin and weapons. Then I intend to re-base the bases as they are lacking the saturation I need. My intention is to make the bases look like a recently terraformed alien planet by having a red martian soil with scattered greenery. To do this I need a brown with more red in it. You can see that one of the models (back left) has the outer part of the base in a separate colour. That's the colour I intend to use.

After all this it's decals and then weathering! I'm getting closer to having this squad finished! Only a few score more to go......

Gotrek


No comments:

Post a Comment