Wednesday 15 April 2015

Astra Militarum, Cadian 812th - First Squad Painted

So I finally managed to finish my first ever squad! In all my years of wargaming I have never fully completed one. I am really happy with the result and am looking forward to moving forward and improving my painting and modelling skills.

I will hopefully do a showcase at some point but for now I have managed to at least get some higher res images with some better lighting.

Praetor, Zogg and myself have decided to enter a local 200 point kill team tournament so these guys will be featuring in that army. I'll post more information about the tournament soon and hopefully start up a series of posts about it.



Cheers,

Gotrek

3 comments:

  1. Just noticed I need to drill the barrel for the flamer... A wargamers job is never done....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning mate. I really like the the flesh tones of the sergeant's face. I also really like the weathering and wear & tear effect on the models.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers fella. The idea is they are on a recently, and continually, terra-formed martian planet. There are bits of foliage starting to grow and the soil is red and oxidised. It was really fun to do. Next step is to do the heavy weapons team and scions ready for our tournament :)

    ReplyDelete