Thursday 25 September 2014

Iybraesil Eldar Guardians WIP

Hey all, it's been a while. Life, as always, has managed to distract me but I'm back and keen to get my Eldar looking good for the table. I managed to finish the first one the other night. I like to fully finish one model before I decide on a colour scheme and I'm really happy with the colours I have chosen here. I also think that it wont take me long to get the rest of the squad done as I now have a technique.

The thinking behind the colour scheme is I want them to look slightly malevolent. This is why I opted  for the black helm and orange eyes. I toyed with different coloured weapons (black, bone and blue-grey) but in the end decided on the grey for two reasons:

1) I want to experiment with mostly black vehicles with turquiose stripes so wanted the weapons to stand out a bit but not too much
2) I wanted to keep a cooler sleeker look for them which bone wouldn't have given me

The colour scheme is being accented with reddy oranges on jewelry and pendants too for a couple of reasons... firstly to identify with Khaine the bloody handed god and secondly because I plan to ally some Dark Eldar which I want to paint red and black :)




I might add some red glazes to the pendant to make it a bit more bloody and less orange. I am also tempted to put some tribal markings on the model somewhere but that needs some thought so I'm going to wait a bit and maybe have a play in photoshop first.

That's it for now but I hope to be more active in the coming weeks :)

Also thanks to Stahly at Tale Of Painters for a great tutorial on this colour scheme!

1 comment:

  1. So I have just varnished it and the model has now frosted.... My own fault? probably... I sprayed it with army painter matt varnish, which I have heard good things about, outside while it is cool and is damp... So the fix? Apparently I apply a coat of gloss and then a coat of varnish all 24 hrs apart. Lets see if this works..

    ReplyDelete