Tuesday 22 July 2014

Painting. Episode 1.

Greetings gentle reader.

I hate painting models. I don't mind gluing them together. I enjoy using them on the battlefield. I just hate the bit in the middle. I try and soften the blow by using as many shortcuts as possible, such as spray undercoats and copious use of washes, however the apathy I feel towards painting cannot be escaped.

However, this time will be different. Hopefully, with a bit of nagging from my fellow bloggers, I hope to paint everything in my army. I'm not after Golden Demon level of perfection, just a basic colour scheme so it looks vaguely acceptable on the table.

Previously, I decided on a basic green base coat, with brown and dark green camouflage.

I've decided to try out the colour scheme on a few  guardsmen first to make sure I like it.

This is the result:



I'm not sure I like it. They look a little like the little green plastic toys you used to get from Toys 'R Us.

Also, for some reason when I applied Balour Brown to the green base coat it came out mustard yellow. The picture exaggerates the effect somewhat, but bear in mind the brown dashes are closer to what the colour should look like.

Another thing I noticed is that it's surprisingly hard to paint random blobs. They cannot be too irregularly shaped, too large, too small and must be in different places each time. It's also a little time consuming as well.

Therefore, a rethink might be in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment